For every child to set out confidently on the adventure of learning: curious about the world, excited about their future, positive of their ability and caring towards other people.
Curious about the world
- To promote awareness and understanding of other cultures.
- To develop the children‟s motivation, discovering their special interests and talents.
- To introduce children to a wide range of new experiences, ideas and activities.
- To encourage the children to ask questions about the world, talk about their ideas and express their opinions.
Excited about their future
- To make children excited about learning and eager to move on to the next stage of their learning.
- To help children to look beyond their immediate surroundings and their own personal circumstances.
- To shape a curriculum which will develop the knowledge and skills that children will need to meet the challenges of their future lives.
- To involve children in problem solving and develop their capacity to be active citizens
Positive of their ability
- To help children to reach the highest levels of achievement in all they do.
- To provide the highest quality of teaching for all children and to meet every child‟s individual needs.
- To develop children‟s awareness of their own learning and the value of resilience, perseverance and dedication.
Caring of other people
- To develop sensitivity to the feelings and concerns of other people.
- To demonstrate compassion, respect for others and develop a moral understanding.
- To learn how to co-operate and work with other people.
Our values inform how we learn,play and work together. It is everyones responsibility in school to act as positive role models for our children.
- I am Caring. Empathetic. Compassionate. Loving.
- I am Peaceful. Wise. Patient. Forgiving.
- I am Honest. Truthful. Brave.
- I am Respectful. Tolerant. Open-minded.
- I am Joyful. Thankful. Generous. Hopeful
- I am Responsible. Committed. Trustworthy