Our Session Times
Conkers start times 8.50am – 11.50am – 9.00am – 300pm
Acorns start times – 8.45 a.m. -11.45 p.m. – 12.oo p.m. – 3.00 p.m.
Acorns start times in January 2022 – 8.45am – 11.45am – 12.00 – 3.00pm & 9.00-3.00pm
We have a very motivated, highly skilled, stable and experienced staff team. Many of our team have worked in our nursery for years.
Our vision is to provide the BEST start for every child, so every child can be the BEST they can:
Belonging, Encouraging, Succeeding, Together
To be the first choice school for every family in our community
- To ensure that every child has the BEST possible start: feeling good, loving learning and achieving success.
- To create a culture based on shared values and strong relationships, where every child and adult is able to succeed.
- To secure highly effective and aspirational shared leadership and accountability.
- To ensure every child makes excellent progress from their individual starting points.
- To provide a rich, diverse, broad, balanced and exciting curriculum so that every child is inspired to learn and every adult inspired to teach.
- To equip every child with the knowledge, skills, aptitudes and attitudes so they may lead healthy lives and become successful citizens.
- To build positive, genuine relationships with parents and carers so they become fully involved in their child’s education.
- To develop effective partnerships, both locally and further afield, to learn, share best practice and secure the best support for children and families.
- To place our school at the heart of the local community
Our School and Nursery have a long history of working together, creating a happy, nurturing, and inclusive provision which prioritises all areas of a child’s development, where parent /carer involvement is actively encouraged and families are supported. Our Governing Body is working to strengthen this partnership working by creating a partnership between Stonehouse Park Infant School and Park Junior School. We are currently going through the process of federation, due to complete by the end of the autumn term. We are extremely proud of what we have achieved so far and the decision to integrate our schools has been a carefully considered process.
In April 2017 the Governing Body of Stonehouse Park Infant School took on the management of the nursery provision on our site, previously run by the Children’s Centre. Our current nursery leader has led a period of change and improvement. She has created a truly special place for young children with the support of her commitment, hard working and talented team, working in partnership with the leadership team and governing body of Stonehouse Park Infant School.
Central to our Schools and Nursery is a total commitment to inclusion, with procedures embedded to ensure that children feel safe and ready to learn. Our approach to learning reflects the value we place on each individual child, adapting the curriculum and the environment to provide for their needs, interests and strengths. We need a nursery leader who is a champion of inclusion, with experience of special educational needs, with a depth of knowledge and understanding of the needs of all children.
We value highly the partnership with our parents and carers, working with them to make sure that every child’s time with us is safe, happy and successful. We encourage them to join us in whatever way they can, developing and sharing their skills as a volunteer, governor or member of our Friends’ Association. We are looking for a warm and friendly nursery leader who will enjoy being fully involved in school and nursery life and in the wider community.
Feedback from parents about our school and nursery is excellent. In recent surveys, those parents who completed questionnaires said that our school and nursery provides high quality education and care for children, parents feel well supported and they would recommend our School and Nursery to other parents.
At Stonehouse Park Infant School, we describe our curriculum as everything that a child experiences in school. It is our aim that through quality first teaching, positive encouragement, supportive challenge and praise, all children should have sufficient confidence to tackle anything. Our approach to learning reflects the value we place on each individual child, allowing them to learn at their own pace and ability. We continue to establish an action research approach to refining teaching and learning to improve outcomes for our children. We do not do things by convention; we do things because they work for our children in our school.
Our Nursery Governance and Structure
Our Nursery is managed by our school Governing Body and funded through the nursery grant. The School and Nursery work together to ensure every child has a seamless learning journey through Acorns for our 2-3 year olds, Conkers for our 3-4 year olds and on into our YR classes Apple and Cherry.
Our Nursery is inspected with the school. Our last inspection was in October 2017.